Saturday, September 17, 2011

An Epiphany

I had an epiphany yesterday, inspired by the author Norton Juster. He came to school yesterday and told us the story of how he came to write the book "The Phantom Tollbooth." It was a pure accident which he stumbled upon. He made me realize that what I really want to do is build. I'm not sure what exactly but for now that is enough for me. When Brendan was younger every Christmas and birthday he would receive Legos. It was my job to assemble them. I turned the task of building the Legos into a mini competition between myself and I. The goal was to build the Lego set without every looking at the directions. Something I always managed to accomplish.

Sitting by Savy's pool  yesterday on the outside deck. I had a vision of expanding it adding glass and creating a space we could use in winter too. And it really hit me that building was something I was serious about. I've realized the lifestyle I image for my future self is great but I'd rather be happy doing something I love. Hopefully I'll also become rich but if I'm unhappy and rich I'll never be able to appreciate the money. So I choose happiness. Maybe the psychic is right I'm finding my way and straightening out all that is out of sorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment