Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering 9/11

I can't believe it has been ten years since 9/11. It's odd to think that some children weren't even alive when it happened. I will never forget that day. I stayed home from school and my mum called me into her room and we listened to the radio. I won't forget those images of the towers going down.

I've never seen D.C. under such high alert. There are drug dogs and police officers all over the metro. Streets are blocked off. Cars are patrolling the streets. Last night when I went out there were cops parked on literally every block of D.C. Everyone was on there best driving behavior last night for fear of being pulled over.

On Friday people at school were talking about how there's going to be a terrorist attack. I never thought about it, until last night. Then Savy and I started talking about it and it is a very possible reality. It's actually very frightening.


No comments:

Post a Comment