Friday, February 24, 2012

Check Me Out With My Work Clothes & Money

So it's 12:45 and I just got home from work. Ahhh it's been a very long week, even though I only had four days of school. I've been dealing with readjusting to coming back home, we've had a guest staying at our house, and there's been a crisis in yearbook. Anyway I went to school today, left a little early, and immediately started an eight hour work shift.

I look back to two months ago when I was nervous about waitressing and I laugh a little. I still get a little nervous when I'm with the customers or before a big shift, but it's not as scary as I thought it would be. There is something so amazingly satisfying about walking out of work with a hundred and fifty dollars cash, in your back pocket, and having it all be money you made on that one shift. It's liberating!

On my walk home tonight I was taken aback by how beautiful the cathedral looked in the dark and then I remembered how amazing this city is. I absolutely love it! And then a nice looking guy said hi to me in a cute flirty kind of way, which totalled boosted my self esteem. You know you're looking good when someone starts to check you out even though you're wearing a hideous work outfit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment