Monday, August 15, 2011

Hostess on the Verge

I woke up this morning this a huge lump in my stomach. Hanna was leaving. I just lay there for a while not sure really what to do or how to behave. So in usual Bella manner I got dressed and began to preform my hostess duties. While frothing the milk for Simon's, Hanna's brother, café au lait, I called for the cab company to come pick them up. I immediately began to freak out and didn't know what to do so I proceeded to make Hanna a sandwich. While making the sandwich the cab came, and that's when I really began to freak out. I was not about to let her leave without her butter and jelly sandwich. And that's when Hanna said "you're the perfect hostess of the verge of a meltdown." And it was true. We stood there for a minute attempting to hold back tears and then just for a second we both allowed ourselves to let them go.

I don't know what to do now. I feel isolated and lonely, and it's only been a few hours. How do you say goodbye to someone who you've seen nearly ever day for the last four years? I'm slightly more terrified then before and also a bit more revealed. She's gone. I can stop dreading this moment because it's already happened. But now I feel like I've been thrown out into the ocean alone and been told to swim. How do I make new friends? What do normally people do? The three of us isolated ourselves so much from everyone else I feel like I don't know how to interact with everyone else. 

I know the loneliness will subside with time, but God can it just speed up a little more?

No comments:

Post a Comment