Friday, August 26, 2011

Hurricane Irene

The good people of our nation's capital, Washington D.C., are beginning to panic. Hurricane Irene is meant to hit us sometime between tonight and early tomorrow, I believe. To tell you the truth I'm not worried. Back in September '04 the good of D.C. also panicked because hurricane Isabel (named after yours truly) was meant to hit us, but nothing really happened. Parts of Maryland did lose power but that's about it. Up until now I had assumed that the same thing would happen with hurricane Irene but maybe that's just stupid. I have this idea that I'll get all curled up in my room and watch the rain just pour down. That's when I love having an attic. That lovely moment when I'm lying in my soft comfy bed, listening to the sound of rain hitting my roof, and watch it pour by the bucket loads from my window.

*****

(Now rereading that last sentence above I realize that that is one of the most cheesy sentences ever  written. But is it true? Yes. )

No comments:

Post a Comment